The award will go to the company which has its people at the heart of everything it does. Judges will want to reward the company which has clear career progression paths within its organisation, proof of ongoing coaching, mentoring and training (particularly post-training stages), and that nurture a supportive and positive environment where their people matter. Communication and leadership strategies will also be key in determining this award.
This category will be judged by a panel of business people and senior executives from the education sector among the Next Generation Somerset partners. It may require a site visit to your business premises.
- Outline your business and staffing structure, including numbers and hierarchy
- Explain your training processes
- Outline your career progression plans, giving examples of staff members who have progressed up the ladder internally
- Highlight any particular training, coaching or mentoring successes
- Explain how your commitment to staff has benefited your business