Judges will be looking for entries which showcase the impact an Apprentice has had on the organisation they work for, as well evidence of personal self-development and progression.
Throughout the judging process, judges will be looking for an Apprentice who is able to demonstrate a passion for their chosen Apprenticeship.
The entrant can be in any level Apprenticeship or completed their Apprenticeship since January 2018.
The majority of the employer’s business must be based within Somerset
The entrant must be able to clearly demonstrate their contribution to the workplace
A supporting reference from the employer must be included
This category will be judged by a panel of business people and senior executives from the education sector among the Next Generation Somerset partners.
- Why should they/you be the winner of the Apprentice of the Year?
- A brief outline of the company they/you work for
- When did they/you start the apprenticeship with the company and when is it due to end?
- An overview of the apprenticeship
- An overview of their/your role and responsibilities
- Examples of how they/ you have had a positive impact within the role
- Why they/you chose the apprenticeship route and plans for the future
- Supporting reference from employer (max 200 words)